Running...

Running...

why do I run? Why rack in countless miles?
what goes through my mind when I run?
Depends.

on a short run its just about finishing as quickly as possible..

on a long run, this is what went through my mind this weekend on my latest long run:

Mile 1: oh I don't want to listen to this playlist (here is where I stop and get my music together not to mention I currently have shin splints so my shins hurt) I stop and get my shins stretched out.

Mile 2: This cord is getting on my LAST damn nerve!! Oh I didn't loop these earbuds through my shirt?? Ugh!




Mile 3: (glance down at watch) oh about a 1/4th of the way done on this run....hmmm which way should I go now? (stop and look at my maps app to see which way I want to go to "mix it up") hmmm sun still isn't up. I wonder what time it is...

Mile 4: oh look here comes the sun, its starting to rise, oh I really like these houses over here, I just love this neighborhood. I wonder how much these homes over here cost, wow that property is huge. look at all this land right here in Sacramento...this would be nice...


Mile 5: la dee da de da...oh the trail...the sun is up enough I can turn off this headlight. I wonder if I won the lottery what I would do with all that money. I mean I am not greedy just a few mill to get the family straight. 


Mile 6: what tf is that smell? why don't these assholes around here clean up their dog shit wtf??  People are disgusting. I wish I knew who they were I would shit on their lawn.

Mile 7: Breathe..in the nose out the mouth...OMG my shins hate me, why?? Why? Come on shins don't fail me now, I am on the path back home...just a few more miles girls...come on...

Mile 8: wow, look at that chick she is out...is she running intervals why the hell is she running so fast? or am I just running that slow? who's big idea was it to run this far today?? Why do I do this to myself?

Mile 9: OMG Someone kill me, I am OUT OF WATER!! WTF? Am I that much of a thirsty bitch I drank all of my water...GREAT!! I am going to die. OMG! This bathroom! Yuck! Come on County do something about this! Didn't I just see a Sacramento County truck go by and the people emptying the trash cans and doing maintenance on the trail here?

Mile 10: Ahhh homestretch come on...double digit run today. Get off the trail and hit the streets back to the batcave...lets go Alicyn...

Mile 11: OMG Home is so close...yet so far...legs? what legs? why does each step feel like I want to kill myself...

Mile 12: FINAL MILE...get it together girl...COME ON! RUN BITCH RUN! OMG please...
I can't believe I am dripping with sweat I haven't sweat so much in my life! Oh wait...I have HOT YOGA! HOT YOGA makes me sweat...la dee dah I better be home by the time Usher and Nicki Minaj have finished...or else...hmmm or else what? or else I am gonna have to keep running until I get home? Did I just threaten myself? I have officially lost my damn mind.

Mile 13: OMG! only like 100 yards and home...come on bitch OMG! My legs..my legs...

DONE DONE and DONE!!

I did it...


Look at all this sweat from my headband...this is the SECOND SQUEEZE! 

Comments